Question to ask a childcare provider
All childcare providers will welcome questions to help you decide if the setting is right for you and your child.
Arrange a visit to the setting when they are open and have children there, this way you can observe the activities and learning being given and see if the children are happy. It is a good idea to take your child with you.
- How long have you been working with children / been open for?
- Can I see your recent Ofsted inspection report?
- What are the ages of the other children my child will be mixing with?
- What kind of things will my child be doing while they’re with you?
- Are there any planned activities?
- How will you keep me informed of how my child is getting on?
- How much will it cost me, how do I pay and do I need to pay a deposit?
- What is included in the price?
- Do you offer a settling in period or taster days?
- Do I have to pay when my child is on holiday or sick?
- What are the arrangements if the provider is sick?
- What type of meals and snacks do you serve?
- Can my child bring a pack up?
- How do you deal with children that misbehave?
- Do you have any pets?
- Who else will be here when my child is with you?
- Would I be able to stay with my child and help them settle in?
- Do you take the children out?
- Where will my child rest?
Download the list of questions: