How EED team can assist you
The Early Education Development (EED) Officers provide guidance, support, and advice to prospective, new or existing childcare providers in Leicester city.
We work with all types of childcare providers these include childminders, home-carers, early years providers and out of school providers.
Support for those starting a childcare business
The EED team provide support to all types of childcare settings with regards to Ofsted registration, continuous professional development opportunities, inspection outcomes, raising quality and relevant regulatory advice.
• We offer support through various methods including virtual, telephone and home or site visits.
• Explain the requirements for Early Years Register and the Childcare Register and discuss training needs
• Provide guidance and support on the Ofsted registration process and in making an application for registration
• Support you in making the environment safe for young children
• offer business support and marketing advice.
• explain LA expectations for the delivery of 2, 3 and 4 year old Funded Early Education Entitlement.
Take some time to read and review the information available within the Starting a childcare business section to determine the type of childcare provision you want to explore.
If you are still interested and would like further guidance to progress to registration process, please the Starting a childcare business enquiry form.
Once the EED team receive your form, we will be in contact to determine the support you require.