Booking terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions relate to the training courses offered by Early Education Development.
- Bookings should be made in advance of the course date.
- Our training venue has changed. Details of the venue will be sent with your course confirmation letter.
- If the candidate has any access requirements to the venue, please provide information on the booking form so that we can aim to meet their needs.
- Fees paid are non-refundable (see cancellation policy below).
- If you have been informed directly by the Local Authority that you are eligible for any training subsidies, please indicate so in the box provided on the booking form.
- Payment is required in advance – at the time of the booking for ‘pay as you go’ bookings. Cheques payable to: Leicester City Council or an invoice can be requested. No cash please.
Completed booking form are returned to:
- Early Education Development Team
Social Care and Education, Leicester City Council
New Parks House, Pindar Road
Leicester, LE3 9RN
Emailed bookings will be invoiced for the appropriate booking fee where applicable.
The person on the course will receive a letter confirming the place (via email where ever possible) – the individual must take this to the course with them, otherwise they could be turned away.
Please note: Some courses require attendees to do something in readiness for the training e.g. bring with them a resource or complete a pre-course questionnaire. See the programme for any specific instructions. This is important preparation which is aimed at getting the most out of the training.
Cancellation Policy for ‘Pay as you Go Bookings’
We ask that you consider carefully your availability and suitability for the course before making the commitment to it i.e. making a booking; cancellations should therefore only be made due to exceptional circumstances.
If a practitioner needs to cancel and a different person from the setting would like to take their place this is acceptable as long as:
- It is an appropriate course for the practitioner
- The practitioner understands the content of the training they are attending and what learning outcomes are expected
Fees are non-refundable but can be held in credit for your setting for future training providing an attendee cancels due to exceptional circumstances and gives the appropriate 24 hours’ notice.
If you need to cancel a course booking, please call 0116 4544190 at least 24 hours prior to the course and ask for a cancellation reference. An answer machine will be available outside of office hours for you to log a cancellation due to unexpected circumstances.
Failure to provide 24 hours’ notice will result in course fees being lost.
Your submission of your booking form indicates agreement to our terms and conditions.
Information given on the booking form will be held securely on a City Council database to enable us to monitor individuals and settings training. This information will help our service respond to training needs and will not be shared with any person/organisation outside of the Local Authority unless required by law. You can read how we use your data, and what your rights are, in more detail in our Privacy Notice.
Please note it is important that you make us aware of any special requirements e.g. access needs, learning support, space to pray etc. that you have for the training at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to meet your needs, we cannot guarantee to do this if we do not have advance notice.
We offer training at a range of times in order to try to accommodate everyone’s differing needs, however, unfortunately we cannot enable practitioners to bring their children with them to training courses.
If you want to access a particular course which is not offered at a time to suit you, please inform us and we will do our upmost to respond in future programmes.