Sources of information
Organisations with business planning tools which providers can access for support.
- Business and Self Employed
Information on starting and growing a business and guidance on registering under different types of legal status such as sole trader, partnership, limited company and social enterprise. Find out more about the types of legal status – advantages, disadvantages and points to note.
- HMRC YouTube Information on business structures and registering for self assessment.
- Employing people Including information on pay, contracts, hiring and redundancies.
- Supporting early years providers to run sustainable businesses
Advice, examples and resources to help early years providers run a sustainable childcare business.
- Guidance - Business insights from successful early years providers
NDNA: Early Years Business Zone
Early Years business zone helps settings to plan for long-term sustainability with:
- Interactive Business toolkits (register for free use):
Business Appraisal, Staff Costs Calculator and Financial Management (forecasting).
- Resources page (free access) with links to information, guidance and useful templates such as:
- Market Research
- Business Planning
- Financial Planning
PACEY: Business Smart
An online collection of ideas, inspiration and tools to help new and existing childcare practitioners to develop and maintain a sustainable business.
It was originally developed for childminders but has grown to support everyone working in childcare.
Early Years Alliance
Information, links, resources and toolkits on
Free impartial advice on workplace rights, rules and best practice for employees and employers. Website: www.acas.org.uk