Guidance for HAF providers
The Department for Education (DfE) sets out the national objectives for children participating in the holiday activities and food programme,
The objectives are to:
- eat healthily over the school holidays
- be active during the school holidays
- take part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character and wellbeing along with their wider educational attainment
- be safe and not to be socially isolated
- have a greater knowledge of health and nutrition and to be more engaged with school and other local services.
The guidance includes objectives for families who participate in this programme as being:
- to develop their understanding of nutrition and food budgeting; and
- for them to be signposted towards other information and support, for example, health, employment, and education.
Before making an application to deliver a HAF programme, please read the DfE's guidance: Holiday activities and food programme 2023.
Quality assurance visits are carried out throughout the delivery period to ensure that providers are delivering the best service possible to our children.