Non-statutory mental health services

If you receive Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), it is not always likely that you will have an adult mental health worker when you turn 18. But there are other services that could help.

There are several organisations in Leicester that can support people who have mental health problems.

What services are available?

Let’s Talk – Wellbeing or Open Mind

Your GP can refer you to a counselling service called Let’s Talk – Wellbeing or Open Mind. They can help if you have stress, anxiety or depression. This is available to young people aged 16 or over.

Life Links

The Richmond Fellowship provide a service called Life Links. They run peer support groups, provide 1-1 advice, signpost to other services that may be useful, and can support you to start going out into the community.

Life Links work with people aged 18 and over and anyone can contact them to ask for support.  Visit Life Links website or contact them on their free phone is 0800 0234 575.

Turning Point

Turning Point is an organisation that anyone can use if they are upset and want to talk. This service is available day and night. You can also arrange to meet and talk face to face if required. They work with people age 18 and over.  Visit Turning Point website or contact them on 0808 8003 302.