Education, learning and work
Working, whether paid or unpaid, is good for our health and wellbeing. It also enables us to have greater independence.
There are many ways of getting a job which may involve training first or learning at work. It is helpful to speak to the right people to help you decide what is right for you.
Why go to work:
- Work keeps us busy and helps us to develop ourselves by learning new things
- It gives us a sense of personal achievement
- Work helps us to socialise and build support
- It provides us with money to support ourselves and take part in hobbies
There is also a wide range of further education and training opportunities available that will give you the skills, knowledge and experience to help you with your career path.
Organisations that can help
There are organisations in the city and nationally who can also help give the right information, advice and support.
Hub100 Recruitment Event
Find apprenticeship vacancies with Hub100 recruitment
Candidates must book onto this event in advance.
Candidates will need to:
- Go to the Hub100 page and look through the roles available
- Apply using the contact form at the bottom of the Hub100 page
- Hub100 will then be in touch with candidates
- The deadline for applications is 2pm on Thursday 28 November.
Connexions provides information, advice and guidance about post 16 options which can include training, college courses, apprenticeships, employment and going to university and from the ages of 16 to 25 if you have special educational needs. Connexions work in special schools in the city and your school will be able to advise you who your Connexions adviser is and how to contact them to discuss your options.
Employment Enablement Service
The Employment Enablement Service supports young adults with complex needs to find a job, support their training and help them to stay in work.
Remploy offers a range of programmes to train and prepare people with disabilities and mental health conditions to achieve their potential.
The Prince’s Trust works with young people between the ages of 14 to 30 and includes many courses to enable people to lead fulfilling lives through employment.