Early years pupil premium
Children who are currently receiving funded early education at a pre-school, nursery or childminder in Leicester may be eligible for early years pupil premium (EYPP).
Early years pupil premium is additional funding that is given to the pre-school, nursery or childminder. This funding is used to improve the learning and development outcomes of eligible children.
Who is eligible for early years pupil premium?
Children who are three and four years old and receiving funded early education are eligible if they meet one of the following criteria:
Their family gets one of the following:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of Stats Pension Credit
- Child tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal credit with annual net earned income of less than £7,400
- They have been in local authority care for one day or more in England and Wales
- They have been adopted from care in England or Wales
- They have left care under a special guardianship order or residence order in England or Wales
How is early years pupil premium paid?
The funding is paid directly to your pre-school, nursery or childminder as part of their normal funding claim.
Contact your pre-school, nursery or childminder for help or more information.