Care navigators help in coordinating a child’s health care and provides information around local support networks available in the area.
They can support with:
- helping you get the right services to support your child
- signposting you to local support networks
- helping professionals share information more easily, to co-ordinate health appointments
- gathering information from and sharing with Paediatrics, Speech and Language, CAMHS, Occupational Therapy etc., including checking on the progress of referrals
- attend meetings set up by external agencies to share health information when required
- providing information around your child's health appointments including who they will see, where and when
- attend Team Around the Family meetings with professionals that are involved with your child, using a Whole Family Approach to support your needs
How to contact
Telephone the Care Navigation team on 0116 215 3269. Alternatively, view the Care Navigation leaflet for the full contact list. For an accessible version of the leaflet contact the Care Navigation Team.