Out of school provision
An out of school provision takes place on non-domestic premises outside of school hours.
- You will need to register on the Compulsory part of the Childcare Register to look after children aged 5 to 7 years.
- You can register on the Voluntary part of the Childcare Register to look after children aged 8 years and over.
- You will need to register on the Early Years Register if there are any children from birth up to the 31 August after their fifth birthday.
You do not need to register with Ofsted if you operate for 14 days or less per year, if all children are over the age of 8 years, or it is an activity-based setting such as a sports club which focusses on one particular activity.
- Read - Childminders and childcare providers: register with Ofsted
- Watch - Ofsted YouTube video - Apply to register a nursery or other daycare