Money advice and debt support

If you are experiencing financial worry, the following services can offer advice and support.

Welfare rights service 

The Welfare Rights Service offers benefit checking and form filling appointments at Children's Centres.  

Money advice service

The Money Advice Service helps people manage their money.  The service do this directly through their own free and impartial advice service.  They also work in partnership with other organisations to help people make the most of their money. 

Community Support Grant

Community support grant is a scheme offers to types of grans which support vulnerable people experiencing financial difficulties, these are:

  • Crisis grant
    Where a person has suffered a sudden and unexpected misfortune and is left with no funds for their immediate daily essentials.
  • Support grant
    Where a person needs support to establish themselves or remain in the community.

Debt Support Trust

Debt Support Trust a registered charity that provides debt advice and support for people who are struggling to manage their debts.

Fashion and Textile Children's Trust

Fashion and Textile Children's Trust provides grants to eligible parents and carers working in the UK fashion and textile industry.


Related links

Help paying for childcare

Healthy Start food voucher scheme