Half term food offer
Leicester City Council is working in partnership with Samworth Brothers to give eligible families the opportunity to shop for free food and groceries for use over the October half term holiday.
The registration form closed on Tuesday 26 September 2023 and it is not possible to accept any late requests.
All forms received by the closing date are now being processed and a response will be sent to the email address provided on the registration form.
If you have missed this offer on this occasions and feel that you are in need of financial support, you may be eligible for support through the household support fund.
Who can apply?
This offer is for families who have children that meet the following criteria:
- receive benefits-related free school meals
- who are in full time school (4 to 16 years)
- live in Leicester City or attend a city school if they live outside of Leicester
Before you register
- Consider the location, date and times slots before making your choice
- Consider how you will transport your shopping from the venue
- Only one shopping slot can be requested - multiple applications may not be considered
Wednesday 11 October
- Forest Lodge Academy (LE3 6LH)
Thursday 12 October
- Babington Academy (LE4 0SZ)
Friday 13 October
- Soar Valley College (LE4 7GY)
Saturday 14 October
- Orchard Mead Academy (LE5 1RT)
Sunday 15 October
- Evington Leisure Centre (LE5 6LP)
Monday 16 October
- Leicester City Football Club (LE2 7FL)
How to register
Places at the venues are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis to those who meet all of the above registration criteria.
Registration closed on Tuesday 26 September 2023 (23:59).
Applications will not be accepted after the closing date.