Smile early years award accreditation scheme
he smile early years awards aim to ensure that a whole setting approach is taken to improve the oral health, healthy weight and school readiness of children by encouraging healthy lifestyle behaviours.
Three key themes are covered in the award.
- Encouraging healthy eating and drinking
- Promotion of oral health
- Encouraging the promotion of a healthy lifestyle
Benefits of being an award setting
• Provides evidence for Ofsted and the EYFS standard
• Shows commitment to making a difference to Children’s wellbeing in Leicester
• Increases partnership working between health and care workers
• Unique selling point easily identifiable by parents
• Recognises the good work and level of care the setting provides in addressing health concerns for children in Leicester
• Supports improving oral health of children in Leicester
For more informtion about the smile early years awards scheme and how your setting can join, please email Healthyteehhappysmiles@leicester.gov.uk