Different types of special educational needs
This section gives some examples of different types of special educational needs and how they can be supported by a school.
- General learning difficulties (including moderate learning difficulties)
- Specific learning difficulties (Dyslexia)
- Specific learning difficulties (Dyspraxia)
- Autistic spectrum disorders (ASD)
- Speech and language difficulties
- Social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- Physical and sensory
The details provided are for information purposes only. If you think your child has special educational needs, contact your child's school, college or setting as soon as possible to discuss your concerns.