Guidance to support you when making a referral
The information provided here will support you when making a referral to the SEND support service.
Schools can make a referral to the following teams:
- Early years support team
- City psychology service
- Hearing support team
- Learning, communication and interaction team
- Social, emotional and mental health team
- Vision support team
Schools will need to register for a 'My Leicester' account prior to making a referral.
Accessing the referral form
Making a referral
Once you have registered and are ready to make a referral you will be taken to the SEND services referral front page. Follow the drop-down menus and directions as directed.
Please complete all sections:
- Permissions for referral and information sharing
- Child or young person’s details
- Parental responsibility
- School/setting details
- Information about the child or young person
- Referrer details
- Additional information
It is important that you make clear:
- Which team you are wishing to refer to
- Whether this is a request for traded work
- Whether you have discussed and agreed the referral with SEND Services professionals. Please include the names of the SEND Services professionals with whom you have had this discussion.
It is essential that you include additional information where relevant:
- Physical interventions
- Pupil Tracking Data (including EYFS 2 year progress check/Foundation Stage Profile where applicable)
- Individual Education Plan/ Provision Map
- Interventions (including dates and outcomes)
- External agency reports including diagnosis
- Minutes of reviews and /or other meetings (ie, Early Help, Pastoral Support Plans, Personal Education Plan, etc)
- School assessment including standardised testing/checklists/observations
Attendance and exclusion data
- Behaviour records
Please ensure that attached documents are not password protected.
Referrals that do not include relevant additional information will be returned with a request for further information. This will obviously delay the referral. Information will need to be returned within 90 days. After the 90 days, the referral is automatically deleted from the system and it will be necessary for the referral to be re-submitted.
Resetting your 'My Leicester' password
If you have already registered for a 'My Leicester account' but have forgotten your password, you can request a password reset.
Please check your junk / trash folder if your password reset email doesn't arrive.