News and events
Independent news and events that parents, carers and young people may find useful will be published here.
- Special Needs Jungle - sign up to receive independent parent-led information
- MacIntyre Digest - sign up to receive news and blogs
- Disabled Living Newsletter
The Disabled Children's Service offer a training programme for parents, carers and professionals with children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
Download the latest training programme (PDF).
Kidz to Adultz Middle 2019
Thursday 21 March 2019
Ricoh Arena, Coventry
One of the largest free UK events supporting children and young adults up to 25 years with disabilities and additional needs, their families, carers and professional who support them. For more information email email@example.com; telephone 0161 607 8200 or view the Kidz to Adultz Middle Newsletter.
Type 2 Diabetes Education Programme
If you are 18-25 and have, or want to know more about, diabetes become involved with the development of a new education programme. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have news or are holding an event related to SEND in Leicester City, we can feature your news or event if it:
- informs the families of young people with SEND
- creates opportunities for children and young people with SEND to thrive
- keeps families and young people with SEND up to date
- enriches the lives of children and young people with SEND or their families in some other way
To promote your event email your event information to email@example.com.