Coronavirus: SEND Services available
The following SEND Services remain available to provide support for schools, settings and children, young people and families.
- Ongoing Link teacher (Learning, Communication and Interaction; Social, Emotional and Mental Health; Early Years Support and Vision and Hearing Support Teams) and EP telephone consultation and advice (and school visits where appropriate) for schools and settings for children known to the service (either attending school or being supported by school at home)
- Ongoing completion of educational and psychological advice for statutory assessments
- Ongoing completion of educational and psychological reports and attendance as appropriate for ‘virtual’ SEND Support and statutory reviews and multi-disciplinary and LAC/PEP meetings
- Ongoing work as part of SEND Tribunal appeals.
- Ongoing City Psychology Service (CPS) telephone consultation and advice for Early Help cluster managers, practitioners and Early Help meetings for children and young people both known and not known to the service
- Ongoing CPS telephone consultation and advice for LAC and children and young people involved with Youth Justice
- Ongoing CPS CEIPS and EWE teams telephone consultation and advice for children and young people known to them
- CPS/SEND Services website providing advice on supporting children and young people’s wellbeing with a telephone contact for parents/carers and teachers to book an EP telephone consultation
- CPS/SEND Services resources for bereavement, trauma and loss relevant to the Covid19 context being developing jointly with the Laura centre to send out to schools
- Disabled Children Service (DCS) direct support and provision of short-breaks within the home/community to vulnerable children whose short-break providers have closed
- DCS support to the most vulnerable children where their care packages are being disrupted by shortage of carers
- DCS ongoing support for the Big Mouth Forum (virtual meetings)
- SES ongoing administration of statutory assessments (including virtual panels), mediations and Tribunal appeals, EHC Plan reviews and commissioning places