Equipment hire terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the hiring and use of any items on loan from the Disabled Children's Service.
- The equipment and resources should be used solely for the support of children and young people with disabilities or additional needs to access short breaks
- You are responsible for any equipment or resources that you hire, from the time it is collected, until the time it is returned. You may need to pay for any loss or damage to the equipment during this time. It is recommended that you insure the equipment against such loss or damage.
- The Health and Safety of people using the equipment is your responsibility. You will need to carry out your own risk assessment and devise your own safe system of work using the equipment in your premises and with your group.
- All organisations or providers with multiple settings or services must register each setting or service separately.
- You need to agree that any equipment and resource hired is solely used by you,the organisation, setting or group stated
- The Disabled Children’s Service shall not be responsible for the loss or damage to any property, nor for any costs or expenses suffered or incurred through misuse of the equipment, in transit or through incorrect handling of the equipment, causing mechanical failure of the said equipment and resources
- A duty authorised officer within the Disabled Children’s Service will inspect the condition of the equipment when it is returned.
- Should the equipment or the resources you have hired not be returned by the specified date and time, you may be liable to pay an additional charge of £30
- The Disabled Children’s Service has the right to suspend or revoke your membership should you not adhere to the terms and conditions when returning equipment
- Hire of equipment and resources can only be confirmed when the membership form has been completed, signed and the fee paid
- All bookings are subject to the serviceability and availability of the equipment on the day of the hire