The Quality Forum runs throughout each term and is open to all early years providers. With topic focussed discussion and activities, it allows for practitioners to share best practice and problem solve consistent challenges identified.
EYFS Reforms - How ready are you?
In readiness for the statutory implementation of the EYFS reforms this September, we will be spending this terms Quality Forum looking at the next steps required in preparing for the Autumn.
An electronic briefing was sent out to all providers with supporting audio commentary, explaining the expected changes to the EYFS. This continues to be available on our website for those of you that may have missed it. View EYFS Reforms Briefing
To follow on from this initial briefing, we intend on using the forums to reflect on the progress being made towards implementing the reforms in your setting. The interactive session will require engagement from participants, to enable us to have useful discussions about; the challenges, the opportunities, the unanswered questions that professionals may have as well as how the reforms align the work that the sector has already done to embed the Education Inspection Framework.
As with all forums, these sessions are yours. Whilst the EED team have planned the sessions in such a way as to provide focus, the value of the content will be dependent on the contribution of practitioners – nobody understands the reality of implementing change better than those of you working directly with children and families.
Bookings for the forum will be allocated per setting. As the forum is online, we have no objection to two practitioners sitting in on the session via the invite that will be sent to the email address you provide.
Book a place
Complete the Quality Forum - EYFS Reforms booking form
You will be sent a confirmation email that will include a link to the meeting. If you do not have the Microsoft team’s app, you will be able to join via your internet browser by clicking on the link provided. Please do not share the link with others. Only confirmed attendees will be permitted access to the forum.
New to meeting online?
We’ve got you covered with our top tips for joining us online!
- Ensure your microphone and headphones are connected.
- Click link sent via email, to join meeting.
- When not speaking, please remain on mute to mitigate background noise. When you wish to speak, be sure to click unmute using the microphone icon.
- To avoid professionals unintentionally talking over one another; should you wish to speak to answer or ask a question, ‘raise virtual hand’ by clicking on the task bar and clicking the hand icon. Once you have contributed, click the hand again to ‘lower your hand’
- Should you not wish to speak, you can comment via the meeting chat by clicking the speech bubble icon to ‘show conversation’
- The topics for discussion are detailed in forum flyer, should you wish to contribute another topic for discussion, please comment in the meetings chat with your question/suggestion, to allow facilitators to include in the session. Should time not allow, your comment will be responded to via email/phone call.
- Should you have trouble hearing the conversation or suffer any other connectivity problems, you can comment (if possible) or email the EED team email address to bring this to the facilitators attention and we will endeavour to support you.